Sunday, February 7, 2010

Worldwake limited

Blue and white are obvious dominate colors. Even at a full 8 man table the hate draft is slim as most have fallen into a black rut due to zendikar. Cards like tideforce elemental and vaporsnare as 4th and 5th picks feel like cheating. Surrakar banisher and calcite snapper as 3-4 of's. White isn't as easy due to the ally hungry bads at your local FNM. Refraction trap gets overlooked quite a bit, can't say no to 3 dmg shinning shoals, mindlessly going into the red zone with one in hand soft locks the game early. Another gem that gets overlooked, Battle Hurda, 3/3 first strike is almost unblockable in this format. Cards like Iona's judgement, lightkeeper of emeria, and apex hawks tend to be slim.

Last week I saw 9 Roiling Terrain pass thru my hands, after I pulled my second Lodestone Golem, yes 2nd, I wish I drafted LD.

No comments:

Post a Comment