Monday, March 19, 2012

Kiss your token deck goodbye.

I certainly don't have the best track record when it comes to B&R. But when I see IV being put onto the chopping block as a candidate for banning in block I had to double.... triple take. Between that and JVL advocating to young new players on his "building on a budget" article that ponder was modern legal figured I had a slew of topics...that I would rather just not address. It's not that they aren't important, it's just they've all been addressed and beaten into the ground already. It's funny I wanted to make posts on Monday to avoid this sort of thing. Twitter has been painfully slow, no one was mugged or had their car broken into this weekend, and it snowed here in California. I imagine this is what it's like to be in bizarro world, I know it's all fucked up but what more should I expect from bizarro world.

It should be obvious that if you have BWG tokens in block you should spend time this evening unsleeving and prepping to sell off the walkers so you can rebuild something else, the image means it's getting banned. I want to argue that it's just in modern because everything gets banned there, but I've come to learn that B&R isn't really about rational thought and over looking design that WOTC spends years on. What it's really about is whining on twitter after shifting large quantities of stock out and wanting to do the same with the remainder of your inventory, currently SCG has 9 sorins and 9 garruks in stock. Coincidence that their writers have been advocating the deck as a problem, only in the second hand business you want your top sellers to flop, lets you sell a wider range as the hive mind catches back up. It's dirty pool, it wont stop, but it needs to be made more apparent.

No comments:

Post a Comment